Sunday, February 26, 2012

Monday Greetings from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Last week, I referenced a classic hymn, “Trust and Obey”. My conviction of trusting and obeying God has grown to a higher level since then. I took a leap of faith and obeyed God, trusting His direction and provision, although in the natural, I couldn’t comprehend.

A friend and dear sister in Christ emailed me stating the hymn has such meaning to her. It was her “grandmother's favorite hymn. She was a Christian for 95 years, and that song was her life message. She accepted Christ at age eight and lived to be 103, still loving Him and serving Him. She never wavered in her faith.”

As we journey through the years, various people, books, songs, scripture, etc., signify things differently to us as our situations change in life. As a child, a particular hymn we sang in church was not my favorite. It wasn’t a “happy and fun” song. The song had no meaning to me.

About six years ago, I heard the song in a different way. The music and lyrics haven’t changed since I was a child. But I have.

I was in a church service and we, as a congregation, sang the song. Tears welled into my eyes. The realization of the truth of this song became very alive to me. A once “boring and slow” song captured life.

“Because He Lives” was written by Bill and Gloria Gaither over fifty years ago. (As my father is a Gaither’s fan, I should have known this, right?) The Gaither family was experiencing an extremely traumatic time. They were facing illness, difficult family situations, broken relationships, fear and sadness. A friend of Bill’s prayed with them and the Gaithers immediately felt the strength of the Holy Spirit. They were assured the future would be fine if left in God’s hands. The song was written with a grateful heart because of the hope they had with the uncertainty in life -- God holds the future and life is worth it!

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives."

Psalm 39:7 “And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My hope is in you.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. A great reminder. Because He lives, I know that every provision has been made for me. If I just "trust and obey" that He has already won the victory for me in every area of my life, then I know that I, too, am an overcomer and that my life shines as a witness for Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,

      Thank you for your insightful comments. Due to Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection from the dead, because HE lives, we are in the comfort of His care. What a remarkable place to be!

      Many blessings,

      Robin

      Delete