Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Ash Wednesday from "His Kindness Year Round"!

We’ve come upon my favorite time of year! I get extremely excited and passionate about the Lent season, entirely and especially through Resurrection Sunday. What this period represents to believers is phenomenal!

With today, Ash Wednesday, beginning of the season of Lent, I look forward to this time of deep prayer and reflection and direction for God’s will in my life.

I recently was reading in Matthew 26. We understand that Jesus’ own disciples, His very followers, let Him down. Judas betrays Him. Peter denies Him not once, not twice, but three times. (Even after adamantly saying “No!”, he would not deny Jesus, he knowingly did so.) When Jesus asked the disciples to pray for Him in the Garden of Gethsemane, rather than praying, they fell asleep.

Today, we may wonder how Jesus’ disciples could have been so heartless, so disobedient, so disloyal to their Savior and friend.

Obedience is an on-going attainment for a believer. We are not unlike His disciples. I truly would not want to see a list of the times I’ve disappointed or disobeyed my Savior, yes, THE Savior Who died for me. I’ve betrayed Him, been disloyal to Him, denied Him. But He loves me unconditionally anyway. In spite of . . .

And it is truly my desire to be as obedient to Him as I possibly can be.

John 8:31-32 “Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, “You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment