Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Greetings from "His Kindness Year Round"!

At a recent gathering (blog post) I mentioned that God will get right to the point. No beating around the bush. (In fact, if we would listen more carefully, we would probably hear these direct comments more often than we do.)

I wrote this weeks ago, but kept it until God has given the “go ahead” to post. It’s time now.

Before Christmas, a dear friend and sister in Christ gave me an analogy. (She knows I like “visuals”.) In ways, our lives are like a star. She began to tell me how each point on the star meant something different in my life. Later as I was thinking about “my star”, I took it a step further. God has brought important friendships and spiritual family God into my life, especially the past couple of years. Each person is a point on “my star”. Each has special qualities and gifts. Some are encouraging. Some help me seek God’s strength. Some have a great shoulder to cry on or an open, listening ear. Some are strong prayer warriors. Some are willing to share their wealth of knowledge with me. Some will always give me an honest opinion. And on and on.

I am to be Christ like and solely dependent upon God and God alone. I understand that through His Word. Yet, He provides friends and family on earth for us to support each another, to help provide for each other as the different occasions arise.

Here’s when God “turned on the light bulb” for me.

If I’m in need of a special “point” on my star, and I choose not to seek the person(s) for the need I have, that’s my choice, not His. He gives us spiritual family for a reason. He is always there first and foremost with any situation that comes my way. He is the first One I am to lean on and seek for guidance. But I also need to reach out to the “points on my star”. No one on earth is a mind reader. No one knows my heart as God does. I have to seek what God has already provided. I have to be willing to express my need. (That is a difficult adjustment for me to ask for help. But I am doing it.)

I hope you seek Him first, and then those in your life He has placed there for you.

1 Corinthians 12:12 (NIV) “Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment