Thursday, February 2, 2012

Greetings from “His Kindness Year Round!”

As each new year arrives, (yes, I realize it’s now February) I set goals for the year.

As I was in the car listening to a minister’s message on CD, He asked the question: “If you were to ask God to do one thing for you today, what would it be?” And then he followed up with “And do you believe He can do it?” I spoke aloud, which I will do frequently, and replied, “God I just want to be happy. Is that too much to ask?” I want to be happy, and can He do it? Absolutely, of course He can do it!”

I began to ponder my own two answers to Pastor Scott’s questions. Happiness. Or peace. Or joy. Easy requests, right? I immediately began to hear the words of the Lord leading my heart. “You have everything. You already have happiness.” As I’ve heard others refer and have heard a minister say, God has already given us everything He is going to give us. That hits between the eyeballs. God gets to the point. We have to make the decisions and choices ourselves to be happy or peaceful or joyful or physically healthy or, etc. When we accepted Christ and became believers of Him and His Word, God equipped and blessed us with happiness. If we allow others to make choices and decisions which make me unhappy, we are not using the wonderful gift of happiness God has already given us. God reminds me again of something He shared well over a year ago -- I’m not on this earth to please man, but to please HIM. I am to please Him! I need to be responsible to the decisions God leads me to follow, and not what man wants me to do. It certainly will be God’s way -- the ONLY way. Before any decision, no matter how large or small, ask God what HE wants us to do.

I’ve been repeatedly reminded of the quote from Joyce Meyer, “Hear what others have to say but listen to God.”

Readers, please choose to receive all the gifts and blessings God has already given you. Strive to please Him, to praise Him, to thank Him. He is worth it!

James 1:17 (NIV) “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment