Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hello from "His Kindness Year Round"!

The Lord has repetitively been bringing situations to my heart the past couple of months.

I need to remember, and possibly you as well, that we can help someone, but we cannot make them change. Our job is to plant the seeds, encourage and support as God leads (not as we may want to lead), but we are no one’s Savior. I can lead someone to water, but I can’t make them drink. A dear friend and sister in Christ summed it up well when she said “It is always good to remember we do not toil for the results, but for the sowing.” Very well said. I hope she shares this thought with others, as I feel I am not the only person who needs to be reminded of this. I need to place situations in God’s hands, rather than trying to eek my “fix” on the situation myself, and then “let it go”. No need to be frustrated if someone isn't doing what I spiritually know (think) is correct. But pray. And trust. And obey. Everything is possible is God's hands.

The classic hymn “Trust and Obey” has been on my mind. I find myself waking up singing it. The story goes that during an evangelical meeting with Dwight L. Moody in the late 1800’s, after the service a young man stood to give his testimony. He realized he didn’t know a great deal about the Bible, and concluded his testimony with “I'm not quite sure. But I'm going to trust, and I'm going to obey.” Daniel Towner, a music director, heard these profound yet simple words of the testimony, and wrote the words and music to “Trust and Obey”.

“Trust and obey, for there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”

Thank you for allowing me to share these thoughts. I hope they give you something to ponder in particular situations in your life as well.

Check out yesterday’s post about Emergency Chaplains. And stay tuned for tomorrow -- the first day of my favorite season of the year!!

Psalm 62:8 “Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Robin,

    Trust and obey. That really sums up the faith walk, doesn't it? When I already have something, I don't have to trust the Lord to get it.

    A big key for me is learning to step out of the busy-ness of life to get quiet enough so that I can hear what the Lord is saying to me. Otherwise, I may "think" I'm obeying when I'm really not.

    Somehow 2012 has started out busier than 2011 was -- and I didn't think that would be possible because it was hectic enough. Many men and women of God are predicting major, major events in the world this year that are not going to be good.

    Two months have already flown by, so I am even more aware of the need to keep myself well-grounded in the Lord. Your reminder with 3 simple words -- trust and obey -- is especially helpful to me.

    Thanks! You are a special, cherished friend.
    Blessings, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,

      Thank you for your tremendous comments. God does simplify things for us, but we as humans, sometimes tend to make things more difficult than God intends.

      Your 2012 is progressing just as mine! I, too, am dealing with the busy-ness of life, while trying to maintain fruitfulness. I aim to stay fruitful in Him through prayer, His word, fellowship with other believers, and ensure to spend quality time not only talking, but LISTENING to Him. It is vital we stay well grounded in our Lord at this time.

      We'll encourage each other on this journey to always remember to trust and obey.

      Prayers to you, dear, dear one,

      Robin

      Delete