Saturday, February 4, 2012

Greetings from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Hello, all,

“Firecracker Blessings” . . . . A term I use to refer to the different blessings God may pop our way in a day or even a short span of time. Exciting blessings from God.

I am so grateful to have received several particularly wonderful firecracker blessings in the past couple of weeks. A co-worker brought me coffee on a day in which I truly appreciated the comfort. I received a beautiful surprise gift from very special and wonderful friends and family in Christ. Friends invited me into their home for homemade soup and a relaxing evening -- ah. A dear family bought me a rotisserie chicken, knowing how much I love chicken! (OK, you’re probably thinking I’m low maintenance, but I’m so grateful and appreciative of every warm thought for me that I do get excited!) I received two particularly kind and thoughtful emails -- for no reason at all. In the mail at work, I was blessed with Christian CDs from another friend and sister who knows I love listening to Christian music. I have had the opportunity this past week to see many long time friends and co-workers and to meet new ones. And hugs! I love hugs and have been rewarded an extra supply this week!

And on time. God’s timing is always on time. Just when I needed a little extra TLC.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

God is always there. I cannot physically see Him. But I do see the existence of His grandness every day. What a beloved Heavenly Father!

Do you ever watch God’s artwork in a sunrise or sunset? What blessings and precious gifts from Him! A full moon or smile or laughter or a hug -- more valued blessings. Most firecracker blessings are small -- someone in the grocery store allowing you to go first in the checkout line or someone holding a door open for you. But these blessings are there -- seek them out.

God knows life isn’t easy on earth for believers. I also am aware He never told us life would be easy. In fact, He told us the opposite; that we would have troubles. As I read last week in Sarah Young’s “Jesus Calling” devotions, “Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life.” But God and His mercy and grace and goodness and love are ALWAYS there. Open your eyes and see Him work! To God be the glory; GREAT things He has done and will continue to do!

Jeremiah 17:7 “Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment