Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Friend, Jesus . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"


Two questions today:  1) Do you ever sin?  2) Are you perfect?

If you answered "No" to question #1, then you had to answer "Yes" to question #2.

With every speck of my body and soul, I want to be the best child of the Father I can.  I yearn for it.  I aim for it.

We, as believers in Jesus, strive not to sin.  We want to please our Father.  But because we're WIPs (Works in Progress) on earth, we still sin.

1 John 2:1-2 “My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the One Who is truly righteous. He Himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.”

It's our goal to repent from any sin as soon as we have realized our transgression.  But what about any unintentional sin we may have committed during the day that we aren't aware of?  Every unkind thought.  Any misspoken word.  Unintentional disobedience to God.

1 Peter 2:24 “He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right.  By His wounds you were healed.”

I have been reminded twice recently to ask God for forgiveness every day for any sin I may have committed during the day, including those I'm not even aware of.

Matthew 3:2 “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”

Obedience to my Lord is vital to me.  I don't want to complete my day without asking forgiveness for any possible sin of the day. 

I am a WIP and will be until I see Jesus face to face.  And I am very thankful that Jesus, my Savior, is a friend of sinners.

Psalm 103:12 “He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment