Friday, January 4, 2013

Be Extra Kind to Someone Day! from "His Kindness Year Round"

Probably most of you have seen this already via another form of media, but just in case you haven't . . .

I have created an event on Saturday, January 12, 2013!  In memory of my deceased husband's birthday (53rd!), join the second annual "Be Extra Kind to Someone Day"! You will have a full 24 hours to do something extra kind for someone else (not me!) that you wouldn't normally do that day. It could be for a spouse, family member, neighbor, friend, co-worker, church member -- the postal carrier! No matter how small YOU may think the deed is, it will mean a great deal more than you think to the person on the receiving end.

Lee was a person with a truly kind heart. (We loved the movie "Pay It Forward".) I know he would smile at your kind deeds in his memory!

(Hmmmm . . . . as I bought some ingredients during Christmas that I didn't use, I'm baking a cake -- slicing and wrapping each piece -- and giving away every slice . . . . )

Our Savior gave us the ultimate display of love and kindness when He sacrificed Himself for us.

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love for us in this:  While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Well, I can certainly take the time to bake a cake and other acts of kindness as the opportunity permits.

Prayerfully, your sister in HIM,

Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment