Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Don't Know How "I" Did That . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

One morning last week as I was brushing my teeth, I was thinking of a seven month period of time last year in which a majority of my “free” time and energy was directed to a particular project.  Looking back, I began thinking “How did I do that?  How did I get all that work done?  How did I fit that into an already tight schedule?”

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength."

Then I began reflecting upon a very difficult two year period in 2010 and 2011.  After that situation lessened, again I asked, “How did I do that?  How did I get through that stretch of time?”

Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Another period of time several years ago in which I was working (outside the home) seven days a week, for over five years.  Many times since leaving the part time weekend job, I’ve wondered “How did I do that?  How was I able to work seven days a week?” 

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint."

Of course, I, as well as you, am fully aware I wasn’t doing anything.  I didn’t accomplish anything.  We know the source.  We know the answers to all the “how” questions. 

Isaiah 43:2 "And when you go through deep waters, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.  When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you."

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.

John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows, but take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Prayerfully, your sister in the Lord,

Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment