Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thank God for Angels from "His Kindness Year Round"

Ever think about angels . . . . .

I’m speaking of real angels.  Those who live in heaven.  Those who God sends to us for protection.

Recently in a conversation with two sisters in Christ, the subject of angels came about.  One sister was going to be traveling out of town to hear a minister teach.  She spoke of her traveling angels going with her.

Years ago, Lee asked me once why we don’t ask God for protection whenever we get into the car, even to drive a mile down the road.  Well, as with some of his questions, I didn’t have a valid answer.  So thus began a short prayer for protection before any travels, no matter how brief or lengthy the trip.  (I have been more diligent again recently with this prayer.)


Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?”

The other sister in the conversation and I spoke for a few minutes about angels.  She asked if I asked God for protection of angels in current negative areas of my life.  I admitted to her it has never crossed my mind to pray for angels in that way. 

Psalm 29:11 “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.”

Those who know me are aware that I’m reluctant in asking others for help (I sense heads nodding).  But I should never be hesitant in asking my Heavenly Father for help.  He gave us the Holy Spirit as a comforter, counselor, intercessor.  I have my own personal, 24/7 helper – a tremendous gift from God.  I’ve developed greatly in my relationship such that I do ask His guidance much more in directing my ways and my days, but . . . .

I’m still a WIPWork in Progress!

Proverbs 18:10 “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”

Call upon your angels for protection in every area of your life.  They exist!  They are real!  They are available to protect you.  They are ready, willing and able!  Protect yourself and your life!  Don’t try to succeed or get through each day of your life yourself.  Let God be God!

2 Chronicles 20:15 “He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment