Friday, January 25, 2013

What a Difference a Year Makes . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

So pass it on . . . . .

I was recently reflecting upon a time a bit over a year ago when the Holy Spirit was telling me I was to begin writing a blog.  I also remember the many, many reasons as to why I was unable to do this.  In recent years, I've become much more obedient to the Lord (predominantly because I listen more).  But on this occasion . . . . well, am I the only one who has told the Holy Spirit that I cannot do something He has told me to do . . . . . ?  (Rhetorical question, of course.) 

Blogging was something I was clearly to begin.  The issue wasn't that I didn't want to do it, because I do enjoy writing and journaling for my own personal use.   But the "issue" I proclaimed was that I wasn't qualified -- didn't have the essentials that were needed to blog.  Sound familiar, Moses? 


I finally gave in.  Gave it back to the Heavenly Father and thus was the beginning of His Kindness Year Round. 


As far as the blog name, many may recognize from an event I created last year on January 12 in memory of my husband’s birthday.  It was a day in which I asked everyone to do something extra special for someone else.  I appreciate all the kind deeds that were done then, and again very recently at the Second Annual "Be Extra Kind to Someone Day".  A true, heartfelt thanks to you all.

As I was pondering the blog last year, I began to think about kindness . . . . specifically God's kindness.  His kindness is year round . . . . Think about it for a second.  Isn't God’s love bountiful to us all the time?  Aren’t His blessings available to us year round?  He doesn't only show up at Easter or Christmas.   He doesn't show up only in the good times or only in the difficult times.  He is present all the time.  We are never alone for we always have the Holy Spirit.  We should show our love, care, kindness and thankfulness to others not only at Thanksgiving or Christmas or Valentine’s Day or birthdays -- but year round.  Just as God does.

And I remember discussing the first blog with a long time friend of many (many) years, a dear sister in Christ, and the scripture to be attached to that first blog writing.  As this particular scripture had come up many times during the recent weeks before the introduction to the blog, her suggestion, which I immediately agreed upon . . . . . .

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, says the Lord.  “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

AMEN!  And what a year it has been.  My goal has been to obey God in creating His blog.  I knew if during the time I am to write, even if only one person is helped through anything I'm led to say, then my role has been fulfilled. 

Thus, I'll keep writing until the Holy Spirit says it's time to stop, and on to the next endeavor in His name.  

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sister, Your blog encourages me and lifts me and gives me a little friendly prod from time to time. So I'm glad the Holy Spirit has had you on this leg of the journey! Blessings! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    I, too, am very grateful for the words from the Holy Spirit. What a tremendous gift we were given in Him!

    Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. We ARE prevailing!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete