Friday, November 1, 2013

I want to see Christmas trees, with lights! . . . . "from His Kindness Year Round"


I want to see Christmas trees, with lights!

Yes, I realize it’s just the beginning of November. I don’t exactly mean I want to see Christmas trees (with lights) now, today. But I want to see them this Christmas season!

Last year's holiday season from Thanksgiving to Christmas was . . . . different, mildly stated. Due to a great deal of circumstances – not necessarily “bad”, but essential and required circumstances, the holiday season wasn't as traditional as it had been in years past.

I'm fully aware trees and lights and food and cards and gifts, etc. are not the reason for the season. And I truly don't need the entire gamut of holiday offerings. I celebrated the birth of the Messiah last year -- the real reason for the season. But I did miss the sights, the food, the fellowship, the aromas, and the joyfulness mankind usually displays during that time.

That was then, and this is now.

John 8:12 "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said,"I am the light of the world. If you follow Me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

I will still first and foremost celebrate the true reason of the Christmas season. This was the time for the Savior, the Redeemer, the King, to enter the world. And He is Who will always be important to me. I see THE Light.

Luke 2:10-11 "But the angel assured them. 'Don't be afraid.' he said. 'I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior, yes, the Messiah, the Lord, has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!"

I do want to see Christmas trees, with lights, and enjoy the fellowship of others during the holidays this year. And I thank God for the remarkable opportunity to do so!

Matthew 18:20 "Where two or three gather together because they are Mine, I am there among them."

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment