Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Expect. Believe. Receive. from "His Kindness Year Round"


Some days I’ll wake up early in the morning, stay comfy in bed, and pray. One morning I was praying for a sister in Christ and was very excited of the future she is to encounter.  I was thanking God for taking care of her, for guiding her each step and for the wonderful plans He has for her.  He gently spoke, asking me why I was surprised.

He's right -- why?  Why did I not always feel this enthused about her future journey, but only after hearing good news of her plans?  As His sons and daughters, our Father has promised us remarkable plans.  His promise.  His Word.  He has spoken.  But have I always listened? 

We genuinely have to expect only greatness from God.  Expect it.  Believe it.  And receive it.  Expect an exceptional future from Him.  Believe with all your heart and mind that it will come to be.  Then receive it.  The entire passage -- from expecting to receiving, continue to thank and praise and obey Him, giving Him all the glory.   
As we go through life, there are going to be trials, obstacles thrown in our path. Each hindrance we overcome is one step closer to God's 'prize' for us. We have to continue moving forward.  Continue to push through.  Continue to stay in His will. Expecting, believing and receiving. And very importantly, exercising our faith and thanking the Almighty.  

If your day (trial) seems a bit gloomy and gray, expect a bright future now, not after it starts occurring.  Honor God daily by exercising your faith, expecting and believing what He has planned for you.  Continue to ask for guidance, as you would your best friend on earth.  He is my best friend. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for Me wholeheartedly, you will find Me."

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment