Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Grateful, as we celebrate Thanksgiving from "His Kindness Year Round"


I am most thankful for my Heavenly Father.  For without Him, I would be nothing.  

I am especially thankful for my sisters and brothers in Christ.

I am so very grateful for the "little" things, because to me, they are not little things, but especially meaningful.  A smile.  A hug.  A friendly comment or note or small gesture.  A cup of warm coffee.  A friend.  (Grilled, baked or barbecued chicken.)

And my weekly short interactions with the recycle and trash collectors.

What?  

Usually the time I'm heading to my car in the mornings coincides with the arrival of the recycle and trash collectors.  I always wave and speak.  And they do the same.  OK, probably doesn't hurt that occasionally I'll leave a bag of cookies or goodies.  But the waves and greetings and good day wishes to each other began before that.  And it always brightens my morning.  

Does your list of thankfulness include the "little things"?

Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."

Have a happy and thankful Thanksgiving.

Your grateful sister in Him,

Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment