Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Three Words from Reflecting . . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

Goodness.  February is almost over and a new month before us.  And the Lord continues to speak!

As the reflections of the season of Lent continue, I’ve been hearing three distinct words from the Holy Spirit the past few months.  They don’t compose a sentence or phrase.  Three separate, yet related, words in His Kingdom.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Focus.  (February 13) I’ve been reminded for a couple of years to Focus on Him and remove distractions preventing focus.  Concentrate on what He does and will do for me, rather than on what circumstances look like in the natural on earth.

More recently, Still.  Be still and wait.  (February 19 and 22)  As difficult as waiting can appear, I’m achieving.  Being still is proving to be more difficult.  I diligently strive for this on an hourly basis.  But I will not give up; I am prevailing.

The third and most recent word is Strength.

Strength can be perceived in a variety of ways, and my desire is for greater strength of my soul. 

Ephesians 6:10 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.”

Strength of the soul, my thoughts and feelings.  Satan enjoys trying to deceive followers of Jesus by filling our minds with garbage.  Without focus, without proper rest, with too many distractions, it’s easier to allow the devil, the deceiver, to engulf our thoughts and emotions with his lies.

We know our thoughts and words are extremely powerful and have authority.  I am strengthening my thoughts to ward off the ploys of the devil.  I can’t allow the enemy to persuade me of anything that is not Word breathed from the Holy Spirit. 

Psalm 29:11 “The Lord gives strength to His people;”

Even more reason to Focus on Him.

Even more reason to be Still and listen to Him.

The tactics of the enemy cause even more reason to affirm Strength of my soul. 

Isaiah 40:29-31 “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin




 

No comments:

Post a Comment