Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pressing forward . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

Recently, I was listening to a beautiful song by Phillips, Craig and Dean entitled "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again".

A sister in Christ shared the song many months ago, and again recently.  The lyrics of the chorus are:

"Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
You’ll live to love another day
Yesterday’s a closing door
And you don’t live there anymore
So say goodbye to where you’ve been
And tell your heart to beat again"

Thanks to God's transformation in us and His forgiveness to us, the past is over; done.  (This is a great time to praise Him for that!)

Has my life always been or is it currently "my" ideal?  No.  Have I ever experienced or do I still feel the trials and hurts and negativity and fatigue and attacks from the enemy and, and, and, etc.?  Yes.

Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”

I want God to see my faith in Him by not claiming the things of my past, present or future that are not in His will for me.  Do I always succeed?  No.

Since I know the thoughts we have and the words we speak are extremely important, I'm not going to claim to be broken.  I may feel it, but I pray not to claim it. (More to follow on this subject in the next posting!)

God has mended me.  Mended.  Past tense.  He has in every way healed me.  Even on days I don't feel it.  I want to show Him my love by displaying the faith that He has shown me to tell my heart to beat again.  He has said He has mended me.  I'm not going to tell Him He hasn't, or that I'm broken again.  I don't want to deny the cross in my thoughts and words. 

Brothers and sisters, press onward, with your newly beating heart.  Forward, march!

Shout it!

Philippians 3:12-14 “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

(You can read about the song on www.phillipscraiganddean.com.)

 






No comments:

Post a Comment