Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Be Still and Wait . . . . again . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

Sometimes I wonder.  I suppose you need further explanation to understand my thoughts. 

Why do I, and others, have difficulty being still?  It sounds like such an easy task!  Focus!

The past several years have seemed like one whirlwind after another.  At the close of several areas of that busy season, I distinctly knew the Holy Spirit summoned me to “be still and wait” (for God’s direction as to which path to march toward next).  Several obstacles which could easily pull my focus off God were now gone, just before the 2012 Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season began.  Shout it!

The “be still” part lasted about a week.  New training at work was scheduled the first week of December.  Add the busyness we create for ourselves during the holidays.  I reminded myself to be still, knowing that by the conclusion of the year, I would be able to do that . . . . be still . . . . Ah . . . . . after pulling out of a whirlwind, the anticipation was thrilling!  I need to be still to hear the course of action from my Father.  Focus. 

Whoa!  What happened?  2013 rang in quietly and then the hustle and bustle began, again.  I replaced prior commitments – yes, those that were previously, (to my delight!), removed from me – with new to-do lists.  What’s happening in this scenario?  Anyone besides me notice a trend . . . . . . ?  Focus. 

Waiting on God’s timing isn’t always easy, but by His divine grace, I’m waiting.  It’s the being still part that seems to be a hindrance for me.  Through the Holy Spirit, I may have already been given the answers to the “waiting”, but possibly haven't heard due to my busyness. If so, what a dishonor.  My soul knows differently than that.  Rather than stepping out of the race at God's prearranged resting point, I jumped back into the race at full pace.  Father, please forgive me.  

I glanced at my ‘lists’ for this week and upcoming weekend.  Obviously, some tasks cannot be overlooked, or I would be negligent.  But some projects have been removed.  I am once again discerning what I need to do versus what I want to do.  I may want to do it all, but don't need to do it all.  I’m also ensuring the service areas to God aren’t overtaking the worship with and obedience to the Father.  I will be still and listen for the Lord.

I will listen and obey as He signifies to be still . . . . . and wait.  I will continue to press forward as the Holy Spirit guides.  I will follow the direction and purpose of the plans He has for me; the life He has for me.  All for His glory!

Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted among in the earth.”

Prayerfully, being still in Him,

Robin   



2 comments:

  1. My biggest challenge: being still before the Lord. Help me, Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most of us, I don't think being still is natural and can be challenging. We'll lift each other in prayer and obedience in God's Kingdom to be still when we know we should!

    Blessings, Anne.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete