Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thoughts on Ash Wednesday . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

This is my favorite time of year – the season of the Resurrection!  Shout it!

Two years ago on Ash Wednesday, I decided during the Lent Season to strive further to do something that is important in the life of a Christian – focus more on Christ than any situation at hand.

I typed the word FOCUS multiple times on a sheet of paper, cut out the words, and taped them in various places – my work desk, in my car, on my mirror, on the refrigerator, etc.

I wanted the constant reminder to FOCUS on God.  FOCUS on the source of all the answers, rather than ‘all’ the problems.

I’m very grateful that I do focus more on Him than any situation in my life.  I seek His answer and response first.  I seek His Word.

There are FOCUS signs still taped around in my daily routine.  This year, I’m going to do the same, and add more reminders.  I’m so thankful the reminders of those little signs of the Lent season of 2011 are still prominent in my life.  And will be even more so this year.

As we reflect and prepare for this season, let’s remember to love Him and FOCUS on Him!

John 6:35 “Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty.

Prayerfully, focusing on Him,

Robin

4 comments:

  1. I need to FOCUS now more than ever. At the moment my mind feels numb, but when the shock wears off, it will re-engage with life and I will move forward with purpose and FOCUS. Blessings, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    As the hours and days go forth, so will your ability to focus better. Loss wears on our focus of earthly things, but one thing I am sure of is that your FOCUS on the Father is there. Because that is who you are, His precious child.

    As much as people on earth love you, there is no comparison to the love God has for you, now and always. Embrace it.

    Prayers and love,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Robin. I cherish your words and your heart and your love.

    ReplyDelete