Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thank You, Lord, for Kindness, from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Truly desire to share this with you today! Keep in mind, the title of God's blog is "His Kindness Year Round" . . . . .

On the way to work this morning, while running an errand first, I was going to be driving by a local convenient store. No big deal, right? This particular store sells Dunkin Donuts coffee at a cost of 99 cents if you bring your own travel mug. What a bargain! I will occasionally splurge and get "real" coffee. (And thank you, thank you dear friend for the recent DD gift card!)

I was walking in the door at the same time another lady was walking in, with her empty mug. We both smiled and spoke because we knew we were headed in the same direction, and for the same reason. We were surprised when we saw there was no coffee ready. Nor brewing.

The one employee this morning (the time is 7:30 AM and people are frequenting the store on the way to work) was working diligently with a line of customers. The other coffee lover and I looked at each other and wondered exactly how many people does it take to make coffee (meaning she and I). . . . She emptied the old filter while I cleaned up the littered and dirty area. She saw the new filters (and gee, they are huge). A gentleman walked in during this time (but not for coffee -- what's up with that?) and we decided how to insert the filter into the grinder to grind the coffee beans. The fellow coffee lover and I placed the filter of coffee in the machine and determined the "brew" button looked like a good choice to select. Voila! In a matter of less than a minute, hot, fresh coffee was brewing!

I'm sure to many, this sounds a bit trite. However, there was much needed humorous, friendly bonding at 7:30 AM with two people on a common mission -- to purchase a cup of coffee. As she and I got in line to pay for our coffee, the sole employee told each of us the coffee was at no charge today. For taking the time to help him, he blessed us each with a delicious, hot cup of coffee, free of charge. A firecracker blessing indeed!

Don't ever pretend kindness doesn't go a long way. No, not every incident of kindness on our behalf will produce an act of kindness from someone else. Serving each other is God's will. Our Jesus was a great servant for His Father and served others. Why can't we do even the smallest acts of kindness for each other? We CAN!

Ephesians 4:16 "He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love."

John 15:16 "You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name."

I truly praise God and give Him ALL the glory for the new friendships I'm making; for rebuilding past relationships; and for strengthening them all!

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful story. We are given so many opportunities to be a blessing, but most of the time we are in too much of a hurry to notice them.

    Today I was reading Joshua 1. That is such an inspiring book! I spent some time meditating on the basic instructions at the end of the chapter -- do, go, and hearken (listen and obey). It sounds as though you are doing all of those.

    Blessings,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne. We can be such blessings to others, and often don't even realize we've been a blessing. (We also need to learn to accept blessings from others . . . . )

    I will explore the book of Joshua this weekend. God has been greatly speaking of listening and obeying to me, as you are aware. I'm doing it, Anne, through His strength!

    Loving you today,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delighted to be seeing more and more of your entries!
    Love you so very much, my fellow coffee lover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words, Deborah!

    As you well know, I'm very passionate and excited about our Lord! On a much lesser scale, I'm passionate and excited about good coffee! (And of course, c-h-i-c-k-e-n!)

    My love to you! Have a great week, orchestrated by our Heavenly Father.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete