Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Joyful Maundy Thursday from "His Kindness Year Round"!

As I’ve mentioned before (and will mention again), God has been placing different people and various matters into my heart the past few months.

He continues to speak about resting in Him. (Maybe I don’t seem to be getting the drift yet.) Taking care of ourselves mentally, emotionally and spiritually is as important as physical care.

If we remain obedient to Him, no matter what He has asked us to do, He will give us the strength and abilities to complete. Amen!

He continues to speak of His perfect timing and His priorities in our lives versus our timing and priorities . . . are they the same?

I read in a devotion recently, “If you’re frazzled, frantic and frustrated because your life is out of control, it’s time to make some changes.” (Ouch.) “Priorities don’t stay straight but we have to keep straightening them out.”

Ephesians 1:10 “This is His plan: At the right time He will bring everything together under the authority of Christ -- everything in heaven and earth.”

Isaiah 25:1 “Oh, Lord, I will honor and praise Your name, for You are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now You have accomplished them.”

Romans 12:12 “Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble and always be prayerful.”

A few thoughts from recent days . . .

It’s great to help others, but be sure your heart is in the right place in doing such deeds. Stay true to your heart and to God.

Our worth and value are in knowing Christ and having Him as your Savior in a real relationship! As I’ve recently been reminded, we are adopted into His family; we are His children; we are no longer orphans.

What a friend we have in Jesus!

Hebrews 13:5 “I will never fail you. I will never forsake you.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Robin, I love being adopted! And I'm so glad you adopted me, too!

    Thanks for sharing all your lovely thoughts -- and especially reminding me to slow down and take one day at a time.

    Happy Resurrection Day!
    Love you,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear sister, Anne!

    Thanks for your encouragement and adoption as well.

    Happy Good Friday and Resurrection weekend to you! We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? Enjoy your time and ensure to get some great fellowship and rest.

    Love you, Anne,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete