Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"I AM ABLE" from His Kindness Year Round!

I want to thank a dear, dear friend for sharing those words with me, "I AM ABLE."

Sometimes with different circumstances in life pulling us from one place to another to another, the journey may seem to downpour from time to time. I am reminded of the devotion I read last week: “If you’re frazzled, frantic and frustrated because your life is out of control, it’s time to make some changes.” “Priorities don’t stay straight but we have to keep straightening them out.”

God requires us to rest. He requires us to take care of ourselves in all areas of our lives. He loves us so much and wants us to flourish! You are of great value to Him. (I can't even begin to picture the scenario of Jesus running from place to place, frantically looking at the sundial, urging His disciples to "Hurry! We're late!" I can't begin to picture Him jumping from a miracle to a healing to making water into wine at a wedding or telling His accusers to "Move it; let's get this crucifixion over with.")

On earth, we have the present time (not yesterday nor tomorrow. And we have eternity in heaven!) Live, worship and serve Him during this present time.

In the present, I AM ABLE to do what God directs. I AM ABLE to accomplish this particular task in front of me, in this particular hour. I AM ABLE -- not I am UNABLE; not, I cannot. We are what we think and speak.

Sometimes rather than looking at the individual "tree" in front of me, I see the entire "forest" instead. The entire journey ahead on earth is much more intimidating than the single step in front of me. I AM ABLE to take that step in front of me, even if it's a baby step. I AM ABLE to do that.

I should not get overcome by circumstances in life. Rather, I will conquer each venture at hand. Why? Because, I AM ABLE!

Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory."

Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."

Psalm 118:14 "The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory."

Habakkuk 3:19 "The Sovereign Lord is my strength!"

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Robin, Love your post! Pastor Tracy has a message called "The Spirit of Victory." The subtitle is this: "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" His message centers around the fact that Jesus has won the victory for us and that He cannot fail. Since He cannot fail, we cannot fail if we will operate as He did.

    Through Him, I can proclaim I AM able to do whatever my mission for the moment, day, week, year is!

    Love you, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    Oh me, oh my! What a message Pastor Tracy gave in "The Spirit of Victory"! I would truly love to hear that because the power of those words -- what would I do if I knew I could not fail -- I AM ABLE!

    One day at a time Anne, or in some instances, as we know, one hour . . . . my love to you, Sister!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete