Friday, March 28, 2014

Life to the full from "His Kindness Year Round"



The devil is mean.  (Believe it or not, some people still don't seem to comprehend this.)   
In corresponding with a sister recently, we were discussing the wicked ways of satan. Never forget, the devil's goal is to kill, steal and destroy, devour like a lion.  

Often his tactics are to throw many fiery darts at once -- trying to make us feel overwhelmed by his evilness.  As I mentioned to this sister, the enemy knows our Lord is greater, stronger, and a wonderful multi-tasker.  (Ever thought of how the Mighty One always does multiple things at once?)  Satan may try to overwhelm us, but there is nothing he can send our way that our Father isn’t already victorious over.  The enemy knows that, but he will still try to deceive you into thinking otherwise. 

In dealing with the enemy and using the power and authority God has given us over him, I’m very aware of the devil's intentions.  Last week, the Holy Spirit told me to read the entire verse (John 10:10).  I was reminded not to stop after the first half, describing the awful enemy.  Be aware satan desires to harm, but God urged me to embrace the second half of the verse:

John 10:10b “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

Focus.  Focus on the life Jesus has given me.  I’m not only referring to my every breath, but much more importantly, eternal life.  He died for us, so we may have this abundant life he speaks of.  Please don't take that lightly -- He died for you and for me.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.  In this world you will have many troubles.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment