Monday, March 24, 2014

I can only . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"


The Holy Spirit has been planting this post in my mind for weeks.  It’s time to sit down, and “talk with my fingers” for a moment.

Around late 2001, a contemporary Christian music group (MercyMe) released a song entitled “I Can Only Imagine”.  At the time, I enjoyed the lyrics and music.  It’s the story of a person reaching heaven, and wondering, imagining, what it will be like when we first see Jesus.

“I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By Your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When Your face
Is before me
I can only imagine.

[Chorus]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship You.”


In early 2006, months after Lee had passed away, the song began to take on more meaning for me.  I imagined the awe Lee must have experienced when entering the presence of the Lord.  How will I react when I see the face of the Savior?

After over a decade, the song is still played on the radio.  In recent months, I hear it at least a few times a week.   Again, especially during this Resurrection season, I think of how exhilarating it will be to reach His heavenly abode!  I can only imagine!

John 14:2-3 "There are many rooms in My Father's house.  If it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going away to make a place for you, and I will come back and take you with Me. Then you may be where I am."  

I can only imagine!

Your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment