Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Oh, Happy Day! from "His Kindness Year Round"


I recently had the privilege to hear the Wilmington Celebration Choir. The group performed a variety of spectacular Christian music, and many songs truly touched my heart deeply.  I've been humming one particular old gospel song I heard, swaying with the music as I sing.

Oh Happy Day!

Oh happy day,
(Oh happy day)
Oh happy day,
(Oh happy day)
When Jesus washed,
(Oh when he washed)
When Jesus washed,
(When Jesus washed)
He washed my sins away!


Whether you remember the specific day in which Jesus wiped clean your slate of sin or not, it was indeed a very happy day!  It was the day you made the decision to spend eternity in His presence.  It was the day you chose to follow the Redeemer, rather than the enemy.  It was the day you made up your mind to seek the Light, rather than darkness.

Oh, happy day!

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Your sister in Him,

Robin   

No comments:

Post a Comment