Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Let the Savior do His job from "His Kindness Year Round"


July is here and half the year is behind us.  In celebrating Independence Day tomorrow, ensure to reflect on more than the cookouts and fireworks.

I've been reflecting on the writings of Paul.

2 Corinthians 1:8-10 “We think you ought to know, dear brothers and sisters, about the trouble we went through in the providence of Asia.  We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it.  In fact, we expected to die.  But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, Who raises the dead.  And He did rescue us from mortal danger, and He will rescue us again.  We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us.”

Galatians 2:20 “My old self has been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.  So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

In reading the works of Paul, more and more I realize that Paul really “got it”.  He fully understood in all aspects the reason for the birth, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus, and the role of the Holy Spirit in us. 

Paul totally comprehended that Jesus died to save our bodies and our spirits.   Paul genuinely understood to let go of all our physical and soulish (mind, will and emotions) areas and to let Jesus live through him.  Surrender self to the Savior.  Give Him everything.  And let Him work. 

Simply put, re-read 2 Corinthians 1:9b “But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, Who raises the dead.”; and Galatians 2:20 “My old self has been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.  So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

Let go of fears, discouragement, worries, obsessions, condemnation, guilt, confusion, fatigue, physical burdens, etc. and let Jesus in you live through you.  Put thoughts and actions of the soul at the cross and leave them.  Give them to Him.  Let Jesus do what He came to do and live through you. 

We are all works in progress.  Lord, I thank You for the guidance of the Holy Spirit to rejoice in YOU, and not the circumstances.

Submitting to Him, your sister,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment