Friday, July 19, 2013

Problem solving from "His Kindness Year Round"

Several weeks ago I read the phrase “Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to just stop caring.” 

I realize this statement may sound harsh.  But about a month ago I was experiencing a situation in which it seemed no one cared about the timely and accurate completion of a task – except me.  There appeared to be apathy on the part of others involved. 

After reading the quote, I began thinking the words were very appropriate for the situation. I had the “Well, if no one else cares, why should I?” mentality, especially since I was putting forth great effort and time in the task. 

Of course, there are several spiritually unhealthy aspects about that quote.  Yes, thinking about the sentence did help ease the stress at the time.  But the Holy Spirit put a twist on the phrase which I have since meditated on many times.

“The best way to solve a problem is to give it to God because He cares.”  As I was hearing this, I immediately began to enjoy the peace of the Lord.

It’s not that I shouldn’t care about a responsibility in day to day life.  However, I shouldn’t let satan try to burden me or stress me or wear and tear me down on any occasion.  I am to give the issue to God – let go and let God – because He can and will take the problem, because He cares; because He knows it’s more burden than I can bear.  It’s not a way, but the best way to solve every problem – give it to Him, because He loves you and He cares about you. 

Psalm 55:22a “Cast your cares on the Lord and He would sustain you.”

Philippians 4:6 “In everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

1 Peter 3:12 “The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer.”

1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing the way the Lord changed the world's "I don't care" position into a totally different slant that is His Word. What a great revelation. I hadn't thought of it that way before, so you've taught me something important.

    Casting our cares on the Lord. That ought to be the easiest thing in the world to do -- yet it is one I continue to "work on" every day.

    Thanks again for your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    I usually remind myself to cast my cares on the Lord daily. Sounds easy, but our human soul (mind, will and emotions) wants us to do differently -- "I can do it my way!"

    As followers of the Most High, we encourage each other to let Him do the problem solving . . . .but we gotta hand the problem over first. Cast away!

    Blessings to you,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete