Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Let's Surrender All . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

Several old hymns have come to mind of late.  One of these hymns surfaced as I was reading a book written by a Christian minister.  The particular chapter was emphasizing the great obedience Abraham exhibited when surrendering his son to God as a sacrifice.  The author wrote of our need to give up things which prevent us from having the Lord in complete ownership of our lives.

What is your object or emotion or thought that comes before the Lord?  What is it you just can’t seem to do without, therefore, rising above our Savior?

Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

We need to put the Father before any material items, but also should relinquish thoughts and emotions which could endanger our relationship with Him.  This includes fear or doubt or guilt or worry or insecurity or selfishness, or __________ (fill in the blank).  Surrender all.  Not a multiple choice, pick and choose what you’d like to give to Him and what you want to embrace for yourself.  ALL. 

Even after surrendering to Him, if you pick it up again, give it back!  Surrender it again, and again, and again, as many times as necessary.  Anything which causes a distance in the relationship of our love, obedience, trust and faith in the Father should be abandoned. 

As we celebrate this Resurrection season, release and give all to Him.  Jesus surrendered His life for us, as sinners.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

Joshua 24:15 “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment