Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday morning thoughts from "His Kindness Year Round" . . Our God is so good, isn't He?

Our God is so good, isn’t He?

No need to answer, but have you ever been disappointed in yourself?

As for an explanation to my question, for the past six days the temperature in my office has been above the temperature of 80. The central heat and air system has one switch to be flipped once in the spring to air and once in the fall to heat. Because of the warm inside temps, the door and windows have been open to bring in cooler morning air. With the extreme pollen levels, the yellow particles are dancing around in my office (and in my head) and they are very happy there! (My head and nasal passages aren’t very happy though.)

Tuesday afternoon, with 20 minutes to spare of my work day, cool air was flowing out of the vents! Praise You Lord! It was a nice feeling going to work yesterday morning knowing I’d be sitting in a cooler room. Until I opened the office door . . . . and was walloped with the sauna again . . . .

But that’s OK. I was focused on God and not the circumstances. I kept the door and windows closed to keep the pollen out. It was gonna be a great day in the neighborhood.

As the morning progressed, it became warmer inside the office, and I became a wearier . . . . . and warmer and wearier . . . . . by noon, discouragement of a “great day in the neighborhood” was strong.

A co-worker then offered to bring me an unsweetened tea . . . . . (yes, I realize some readers are having a nervous tick now . . . and I’m not finished yet . . .) Another co-worker offered me a coffee “nip” (and I do know you’re either puzzled and scratching your head, or smiling). Ohh, I started getting excited. Tea and a nip. The day was getting a bit better.

Upon leaving the office for lunch, I noticed the maintenance man’s truck was there! Yahoo, I know cooler air was right around the corner! (Nope. Still waiting . . .)

I realized about a half hour after these three welcomed events that I owed God an apology. First, I didn’t thank Him for these “firecracker” blessings He placed in my life. The blessings and the givers are always well appreciated by me. I knew I was receiving blessings . . . . but didn’t stop to thank God for them. And, rather than praising Him in what I considered “not-so-perfect circumstances”, I became progressively more discouraged until the firecracker blessings sent by my Heavenly Father lightened my load. I didn’t do a complete job of praising Him, rather than concentrating on my circumstances. It’s not an easy thing, but when conditions aren’t convenient for us, we need to focus, depend, remain constant on Him rather than the situation.

God does know my heart. He knows I truly get excited and appreciate every act of kindness pointed my way. Firecracker blessings don’t go unnoticed by me! I did feel that tinge of guilt for not thanking Him as I should. I depended on the blessings to renew my enthusiasm. But overriding the tinge of guilt is the knowledge that my God welcomes forgiveness and unconditional love! Thank You, Lord!

Colossians 1:14 “God has purchased our freedom with His blood and has forgiven all our sins.”

I John 1:9 “If we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.”

Romans 8:39 “Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Our God is so good, isn’t He?

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment