Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Greetings from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Beginnings . . . . . I like new beginnings. I associate them with moving forward. The process or event or course has started; therefore, we are no longer standing still.

Today commemorates the first full day of one of my favorite seasons. I have been reflecting upon God’s recent reminder in Psalm to “Be still, and know that I am God!” Slow down. Rest. Relax. Enjoy your life on earth. Meditate in My Word. Trust. Today is a wonderful day to be reminded of that scripture. As He directs me to Psalm 23:2, “He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.” And Psalm 91:1, “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”

I envision new beginnings when I think of this season of spring, rebirth, renewal and of the celebration of Jesus’ resurrection. God’s word reminds me in Psalm 23:3, “He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.” Today’s “beginnings” for me are not new, rather a continuation from the past few weeks. If you glance back to Friday’s post, I mentioned several things God has been prompting me on recently, as He continues to do today. The importance of being still. Of resting in Him and taking His yoke.

And of reminding me that we, as believers, are set apart from others. A dear one mentioned the verse yesterday of Isaiah 40:31, “But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” That verse is God’s compilation of my recent “beginnings”. Of resting in Him. Of renewal in Him. And the great knowledge that we, as His children, are so precious and very special to Him. We soar! We do not grow weary! We do not faint!

Because He loves only as He can, “surely goodness and His mercy will be with us forever.” He loves us so much, He gave His only son for us! (I don’t know if I can ever truly grasp that.)

More thoughts from our Lord soon. Enjoy your day of new beginnings.

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Robin,
    Thanks for reminding me that every day is a new beginning. I'm involved in a "project" that seems to go on and on, and it really is important for me to take one day at a time! Thanks for sharing another "heavenly tidbit"!

    Tomorrow I get to start fresh! Thank You, Lord!

    Blessings,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear Anne,

    We are so blessed that God's mercies are new each morning! His goodness will never cease to amaze me.

    It is refreshing to think of each day as a new beginning. Especially during times in which we are consumed by life and its responsibilities.

    Enjoy your new day and fresh beginning!

    Love ya,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete