Monday, May 5, 2014

Praying, from "His Kindness Year Round"


Prayer -- talking to God!

1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray continually."

(Several have asked where I have been!  I've been writing, but rather than to share, my letters have been to God.)

Our nation recently observed the National Day of Prayer.  I spent extra, designated prayer time concentrating mainly on two different areas:  the need for our nation to return to the Lord, and personally, to be more like Jesus.

If you listen to or read any local or national news, it seems this great nation continues to walk away from God.  Now is the time to run to Him.  I pray we seek our Christian boldness, strength and confidence from the Holy Spirit to stand for the Creator.  I pray we step up and spread the gospel, and be an example of Him.  As a sister in Christ was discussing the upcoming elections, we need to vote for the Bible.  Amen!  Our votes should be in the way the Word leads, not the world, and for those who will most closely live out God's direction and path for our citizens, cities, states and nation.  God loves us, and wants the best for us. 

And what an awesome experience to stand on the outside of the courthouse steps with fellow believers, singing, praying and praising in the name of Jesus Christ!

In my own relationship with the Father, I continue to pray to be more Christ like.  It is my daily desire, and will always be an ongoing goal.  To be more like Jesus, we have to know Him, in a very real way.  We need a close relationship through prayer, studying His Word and spending time with Him.

"To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus,
All I ask is to be like Him.
Through this hard trial from earth to glory,
Oh how I long, to be like Him."

1 John 2:6 "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment