Wednesday, February 19, 2014

When the Lord says "Stop" from "His Kindness Year Round"


It is finished.

Words I recently heard from a pastor.  He wasn't referring to the day when our Savior died on the cross for our sins.  And neither am I.

He was speaking in reference to a time almost a decade ago when he asked the Lord what he was to do in service with his church.  God relayed the message to him that he wasn't to do anything, because the minister was finished at this particular church.  His assignment was completed; the Lord had another pastor in line for the church; and another mission in line for this pastor.

It is finished.

A year ago in January, the Lord told me I had finished a particular assignment He had put me to task for three years.  It is finished, He told me. I did proceed onward as God directed in many, many ways. However, not deliberately, I retained part of the assignment, tweaking it here and there, trying (notice I didn't say 'succeeding') on occasion to repair it, improve it, cleanse it, make it 'right'. Hearing the pastor tell his story of how the Lord spoke to him that day in his former church, the Father again spoke the same to me.  

It is finished.

Ecclesiastes 3:10-12 “I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race.  He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.  That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil – this is the gift of God.”

My assignment was complete. It is finished.  And I'm letting go, completely, fully.  I have a new assignment of ministry and service -- better and brighter than the last. I've been cherishing the beginnings since December, and look forward to new growth.  But I have to empty my hands of the old, before I can openly receive the new. I had only emptied one hand, while trying to hold on to the old with the other. I'm thankful for the blessings received with my open hand. I praise God for blessing me with His love, His true, unconditional love and belonging.  I'm His child; a part of His Kingdom.  He leads my paths, and sometimes He changes my seasons. It is finished. And now I have two open hands, expecting and accepting God's favor!

Acts 1:6-8 “Then they gathered around Him and asked Him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the Kingdom to Israel?”  He said to them:  “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by His own authority.  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witness in Jerusalem , and in all Judea and Samaria , and to the ends of the earth.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment