Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Choose Faith from "His Kindness Year Round"


This post has been sitting in my 'draft' box for at least a couple of weeks now.  As certain words from this writing have been topics of many discussions the past week, it's time to press the 'publish' button and send these few thoughts about faith versus . . .

Are there words you hear that strike you like the scraping of fingernails on the chalk board?

There are some words or phrases that make me cringe.  And I've been hearing one of those buzz words a great deal recently.  

Worry.

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

We all have concerns for people and situations and circumstances, but some people seem to literally worry about everything.  A person cannot hold faith and worry at the same time.  You have to hold one or the other.  Either have worry or have faith.  Please don't shun the Father by not having faith in Him and the great things He is doing.

Luke 12:6-8 "And not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges Me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God."

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

And on a personal note, may I take a moment to honor a lady who showed faith and unconditional love and belonging to me -- my mom, who observes her 84th birthday today.

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin 



No comments:

Post a Comment