Monday, April 15, 2013

I want to be more like Paul . . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"

I do not believe in coincidence. I don't think connected events or circumstances happen by accident.

Hearing the words "surrender" and "faith" the past week or so is not coincidence in my life. It is the Holy Spirit speaking His message from the Father to me.

I have a tremendous faith in our Father and know the immeasurable gift of the Trinity. I know the power and authority of the Most High and the authority we have in the name of His Son. I realize the importance and power of our thoughts and spoken word. Last fall, I had the wowing experience of seeing God perform the supernatural in my life. I know He is real. I know He manifests greatness in our lives. I know He is my friend.

“Surrender”, I am hearing . . . . . the thoughts (emotions, feelings from the soul) that are preventing me from receiving a gift from the Almighty.

“Faith”, I am hearing . . . . . not the reminder of faith in the Father, but the prompt that He believes in me to complete my assignment and all future assignments. It’s my own thoughts that are causing me to feel otherwise.  Lies. Lies of the enemy to try to prevent me from fulfilling God’s will in my life.

Am I going to fall for the words of the professional con artist, and allow the brutal torture and death of my Savior on the cross be pointless? Never.

Faith. A powerful and victorious word. To illustrate the power of our faith, two weeks ago someone I know was diagnosed by a physician with a progressive eye disease that would eventually end in blindness or the need for a transplant. Last week she went back to the doctor. Tests showed no defect or disease. Of course, the test results must have been a “mistake” and were taken twice more, each time showing no disease. Physicians have no way to explain her disease-free eyes.

I know the explanation. Believe in miracles? Believe God’s healing power in present day times, and not limited to Biblical times? Believe in faith in the Lord Almighty? My answers: Yes, Yes, and a resounding, Yes!

As I mentioned to two sisters in Christ last week, I want to be more like Paul.  I want more of Paul’s faith in His Lord, the relationship with his Lord, and faith in himself through the Lord.  AMEN!  (Hence, another ‘assignment’!)

If the God Who saves our bodies and spirits knows I will complete His work through the abilities and strength He has given me, then so do I. Why? Because He said so.

Matthew 9:22 “Jesus turned around and said to her, “Daughter, be encouraged!  Your faith has made you well.”  And the woman was healed at that moment.”

Ephesians 6:11 “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the devil.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment