Thursday, December 20, 2012

Prayers and Gratitude from "His Kindness Year Round"

Blessings to you today!

Last Friday, our nation witnessed a mammoth tragedy.  The long term results of the event are beyond measure. 

I am sincerely delighted to see the out pour of love and support from our country – from financial support to prayers.  On a smaller scale, it reminds me of September 11, 2001. 

That tragic crime over a decade ago brought this nation together as one.  Our patriotism as these united states soared immensely.  Support in the form of prayers and references to the love and protection of our Savior were phenomenal.  I hoped our nation was, indeed, becoming one nation, under God.

Psalm 133:1 “How wonderful it is, how pleasant, when brothers live together in harmony!”

Unfortunately, as time lapsed, so did the spiritual acknowledgement from our people.

After a conversation last week with a dear friend who holds the same sentiments as I share, I wrote:  

“I am very grateful to see the prayers being lifted for the community of Newtown, CT during this horrific tragedy. It would be wonderful to see prayers lifted daily, in praise and thanksgiving, for all the good things in life, too.”

I genuinely am thrilled at the response of prayers being offered to our God for the community of Newtown.  I hope the unity of prayer to our Heavenly Father is long standing.  Every day, during times of calm seas and during times of choppy oceans, we should talk to our Father.  It’s okay to speak our needs because God wants us to tell Him what’s in our heart, but if you look back at the Lord’s prayer, Matthew 6:9 reads, “This, then, is how you should pray:  ‘Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Your name”.  In other words, acknowledge His holiness – His splendor – thank Him – PRAISE Him – love Him!  Every day should have some time of praise to our Father.  When someone converses with us on a regular basis, we want to hear about the bright moments and days as well as the trials and needs.  As I seem to recite quite frequently the past month -- Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow and to Him be the glory for great things He has done!  If today isn’t your merriest, still praise our Him.  Apparently you can be thankful for your eyesight, as you are able to read this blog . . . .

Psalm 31:21 “Praise the Lord, for He has shown me His unfailing love.”

Psalm 86:12 “With all my heart I will praise You, Oh Lord, my God.  I will give glory to Your name forever.”

My heartfelt prayers to Newtown and our nation.

(If you have not had the opportunity to hear Mike Huckabee’s three minute video about his thoughts on Newtown, CT, it’s definitely worth listening to.  You can find it on YouTube, his website, or on face book.)  

Prayerfully, with gratitude, your sister in Him,

Robin

(Coming soon in January -- the second annual "Be Extra Kind to Someone Day" . . . . !)

No comments:

Post a Comment