Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our Heavenly Father, our God Who is love, from "His Kindness Year Round" . . .

I trust the celebration of our nation’s birthday was a good one for you. 

Want to take a moment to share a few thoughts from the week . . . .

We know life brings us so many wondrous treasures and blessings.  We also have trials and speed bumps along the way. 

Ephesians 6:16 “In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.” 

God has already given us the victory (thank you, sister, for the reminder).  He gave us everything we need over 2,000 years ago when He sacrificed The Lamb for us. 

1 John 4:4 “In Christ, you are a world overcomer!”

Accept God’s provision.  Believe He’s already supplied all your needs. Trust and receive those gifts.  Praise Him!  

Mark 11:22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.

He has completely given through His grace.  We want to fellowship and pray and study and absorb Him because we love Him, not to try to earn His love.  There is nothing we could ever do to earn or deserve His great love for us.  God loves us unconditionally in spite of who we are and who we are not.  Let Him help you.  Give your cares to Him. 

Praise and focus on Him for the blessings.  Even so, focus on Him and His Word during a difficulty.  Read through His teachings as to what He has already done for you.  Ask for revelation or understanding if you need.  We don’t need to beg for His help.  He’s always at your side, so stay tuned into Him 24/7.  (You don’t need to ask Him not to leave you because He’s already promised He will not leave nor forsake you!)

John 15:5 “Without me, you can do nothing.”

This old hymn has been on my heart this week.  I am to meditate on the three words . . . . “I surrender all” . . . . .

“All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.
I surrender all, I surrender all. 
All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.”

Joshua 24:15 “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment