Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Praising Him Today from "His Kindness Year Round" . . .

God is so good . . . .

The past several weeks I have been seeking God's guidance on particular situations.  As I will do sometimes, because I want to ensure I'm following His will, I'll ask Him for a "neon sign".  Basically, I'm saying, "Father, I want to hear and clearly understand the decision I am to make." 

Also within these weeks, I've been receiving repetitive passages of scripture or words from Christian servants or music.  I don't mean an occasional message -- but numerous messages daily -- in almost everything I hear and read.  That's right, folks, no coincidence but GOD speaking.

I know when we are walking the direction God wants for us, He will guide the way.  He will lead us the entire way.  We need to believe He is taking care of everything (because He is) and allow Him to take care of everything.  Believe.  And wait. 

John 11:40 "Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"

God truly is speaking the same concepts to me over and over and over.  If I don't listen and obey, that's my tremendous error.  When given a “neon sign” from God and ignored -- genuinely a huge mistake.

I was shown Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven."

Rather than rush and push through day by day and follow the wishes of man . . . . yoohoo . . . . Robin . . . . enjoy and treasure each season without trying to rush from season to season (even during a difficult season, because that season will end!).  God does not rush!  He wants me to have a better life than to race from season to season.    Getting into the fleshly habit of rushing can make it difficult to slow down and receive God's peace and joy.  Life is too precious to allow that to happen.

Jeremiah 31:25 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."

Listen to God, not people.  Often God speaks through others so I'm not suggesting to ignore the words of others, but really listen to God.  It can be easy to get wrapped up in what people want for us.  We need to discern if it's what God wants for us or if it is what others want for us.  Ask Him for clarification and understanding.  Do your part in the plan, and He certainly will do His portion.  Take His matters out of your hands and place them back in His hands.  Believe.  Trust.

2 Timothy 1:7 "For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." 

God keeps emphasizing to me to stand strong in Him and not the flesh.  Nothing, not even the enemy, satan, will stop me from fulfilling God's plan for me.  I am to allow Him to provide and care for me.  I am to ask Him for my needs and the desires of my heart.  I am to stay focused on HIM.  He is THE answer!  A dear sister has reminded me several times recently to stay strong; stay focused; stay courageous.  We are victors and we will prevail!  Before a difficulty ever occurs, we are already victorious because of Jesus death and resurrection!

Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  For the Lord, your God, will be with you wherever you go." 

Colossians 3:2 "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."

And I could go on and on of the repetitive message God has been supplying me in just a week or so.  The same messages over and over, constantly, daily.  My "neon signs". 

I remember an old hymn I haven't heard in years.  The chorus goes "Where He leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow, I'll go with Him, with Him, all the way."  And He will go with me all the way.

Have faith in Him; He is still with us.  Stay strong and focused on things of the Father and not things of the world. 

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father.  Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment