Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Random thoughts this day in May from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Welcome to the month of May.  I trust you are having a wonderful week in the arms of the Lord! 

A reminder that Thursday, May 3 is the National Day of Prayer.  As I have told many, I think every day should be regarded as a day of prayer, but on this nationally honored day, I’m going to spend extra time with Him. 

A particular verse of scripture has been erupting in me for weeks.  Matthew 25:23 “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities.  Let’s celebrate together!’”

As a song I cherish, “I Can Only Imagine”, depicts, what a day that will be when I pray my Master says this to me!  If we are honest with ourselves, from time to time we enjoy receiving the positive recognition from someone we respect and honor.  Can you only imagine receiving that support from THE Heavenly Father!  The thought is so awe encompassing!   I continue to seek His absolute will and obedience in my life, in doing my greatest to serve Him until the day we meet face to face.  I can only imagine . . . .

On a different current, how many times have you answered the question, “How are you?” with the standard answer of, “Fine.”?   An author of a Christian fiction book writes, “’Fine’ means being stuck and telling everyone you know that you don’t mind being stuck.”  Ouch.  I don’t want to be “stuck”.  I want to be moving forward towards my Father!  I am not settling for “I’m doing fine”!

If you live in North Carolina, let’s remember the primary next Tuesday, May 8 and exercise our right to vote.

I'm currently working on another post for this week.  Be sure to come back and check out listening to and resting in HIM!

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment