Friday, May 25, 2012

Praise and thanksgiving from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Happy Friday brothers and sisters!

I trust you are holding on to the hand of the Most High today.

One matter of my heart the past few weeks (months) has been a healthy balance in life; balance of serving the Almighty through work and home and family and friends and all the other situations and circumstances that complete a day.  I’m reminded repeatedly that God is not a God of chaos.  God wants to direct and plan my days, rather than following “my plan” for each day.  Although I truly strive for a life of healthy balance, I sometimes continue to make choices otherwise.  (Notice, I realize it’s my choice.)  The Lord knows my heart.  He knows I am a work in progress in following His healthy balance. (I’m very grateful for His patience!)  Father, thank You for Your love and for directing my days and my ways for the balance you desire in my life!

Romans 12:2 “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.”

I want to shout praise to our Heavenly Father as I’ve recently witnessed the spiritual and personal growth of someone close to me. It has been a true marvel watching this person grow in his relationship with The Father through his faith in God’s direction; hard work and perseverance in his obedience to Him; and the trust to go through the open door’s God has made available, rather than worry and fret about every situation along the way.  What a splendid sight to witness the past couple of weeks:  a precious view of one actually experiencing the happiness and peace and joy and confidence our God gave him decades ago, which he now experiences because he chooses to trust and obey Him. 

This dear one is a work in progress.  He is taking baby steps on the pathway to healthy balance.  My prayer is of thanksgiving for this recent act of his faith and for his continuation to give the wheel to God and let Him drive.   

Ephesians 4:23-24 “Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes.  You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God’s likeness – righteous, holy, and true.”

Thank You, God, for your freeing liberation from this world!  (“Take this world and give me Jesus!” – read May 7th.)  God continues, as He always will, to be THE reigning King!

Isaiah 40:8 “The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment