Thursday, September 4, 2014

Do you share as you should? from "His Kindness Year Round"


While Jesus walked on earth, He commissioned us to be disciples and spread the gospel through the world. My greatest passion is God. He's the One I love most, try to please most; He's my best friend.  He is my reason for being.

Matthew 22:37 “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

But do I share Him as I should?

Several months ago I spoke to a friend the day before her birthday.  I know in recent years she had been attending chapel and Bible studies.  On occasion we’d briefly discuss our Bible studies and prayer, but I never asked her if she had a relationship with God.  Not just the experience of religion with chapel, studies, or friendship with a chaplain, but if she was saved by the blood of Jesus and had a relationship with Him.

Three days after our last phone conversation, I was told she had a life threatening illness.  Nine days after my last conversation with her, she passed away quietly and peacefully at home with family at her side. Obviously, I'll never have the opportunity now to ask her about her relationship with God, or if she would spend eternity in heaven.  

Ask yourself that important question:  Do you have a relationship with the Father in which you will spend eternity with Him?  Do you know if others in your daily circles are followers of Jesus?  Who do you need to be asking that important question to?

Fuel your fire for the Lord. Make Him your passion. Share Him with others.  Because one day, it's going to be too late.

Joshua 24:15 “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.  But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

Your sister in Him,

Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment