Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Are you proud? from "His Kindness Year Round"




I am!
Generally when a believer Biblically thinks of pride, we think of references from God’s Word of pride being sinful.  With the upcoming birthday celebration of our nation, how do you feel about being a part of this great country?  How do you feel about being a Christian?

This nation is not perfect by any means, but it still remains a great land to live.  The body of Christ is not flawless either, but we continue to strive to be obedient and pleasing to the Lord.
I’m delighted and grateful to be an American.  I’m furthermore extremely honored and pleased to be called a follower of Jesus. 

There are positive Biblical references of pride.   Paul writes:

Romans 11:13 “I am talking to you Gentiles.  Insomuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry. “

2 Corinthians 7:4 “I have spoken to you with great frankness; I take great pride in you.  I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.”

Galatians 6:4 “Each one should test their own actions.  Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.”

I am proud to be an American and celebrate her birthday.  I am proud to be a Christian and celebrate the Father. 

Your sister in Him,

Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment