Monday, June 30, 2014

The Promise from "His Kindness Year Round"


Several weeks ago I heard a Christian song I'd never heard before.  Since that day, I often hum or sing one particular line from the chorus:  "There's a Promise coming down that dusty road."

I don't need to recite the entire song or chorus to gain my blessing; that one line is sufficient. There is a Promise coming down the road for me.

Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

He's my Promise.  He is working daily in my life, even when I don't see His great works.  The Word is full of promises to us, promises He will fulfill, for He is Truth.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Do you ever have occasions in which you don't know if there's a promise for you? No need to doubt, because as followers of the Father, the Promise is coming.

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness.  Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Are you "standing on the promises of God"?  (Another song for another day . . . )

Your sister in Him, waiting for The Promise,

Robin






No comments:

Post a Comment