Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Need a lift? from "His Kindness Year Round"


Love lifted me!

Many may remember the refrain from the hymn:

“Love lifted me,
love lifted me,
when nothing else could help,
love lifted me.“

These particular lines don’t escape my mind, as I sing them over and over.  

Romans 5:5 "God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love."

I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t want to be loved.  A real, genuine, not superficial love.  We need love, as God created us to love and be loved.  

John 13:34-35 "Now I am giving you a new commandment:  love each other.  Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

I'm very grateful for my brothers and sisters in Christ, with whom we share love! 

Ephesians 2:19 "You are members of God's family."

James 1:18 "In His goodness He chose to make us His own children."

Love lifted me!

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin 

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Sister! I am certainly grateful for the Lord's love -- and for yours. And know that I love you dearly. Having love and support from others who love the Lord is vital in helping me to build and grow my faith and to stand strong in the Word. Thank you for being one of those very important sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord's love is like no other -- completely unconditional, before we were even born! We all need love and encouragement from our brothers and sisters in Christ, and I certainly do appreciate yours. Thanks Anne, and many, many blessings to you today -- love you, sister.

    ReplyDelete