Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hear Me, My child . . . . from "His Kindness Year Round"


Almost a decade ago, while I was taking an early morning walk before work, I heard the Lord speak to me.  It was one of those occasions in which I physically looked around to see if someone was verbally talking to me.

No one was out that morning . . . . all was quiet and still in the neighborhood . . . . and as I often do, I was praying while walking . . . . some wonderful time with the Father!  I don't recall what I was saying during that moment of prayer, but I plainly heard from our Father, "Show Me that you care."  I did look around to see if someone was talking to me or having a conversation with someone else.  No one.  Only me.

The comment I clearly heard stunned me.  My reply was, "God, You know I love You.  I thought I was showing You I care."  Again, I only heard, "Show Me that you care."  Gee, I was speechless!  I was not feeling condemnation, but I felt awful that the One I love the most is asking me to show Him I care.  I thought I showed Jesus and His Body my love and care.

I felt confused, knowing our God is not a Father of confusion (but satan is an enemy of confusion).  It was several months later before I realized what God meant.  When you’re asked by Him to give up something you desire, your obedience shows Him you care.  On the early morning walk, He wasn’t referring to anything that I had or had not previously done to show Him I care, but He was telling me in upcoming months and years to come, to remain obedient and steadfast in showing Him my love and care for Him.

I pray I am consistently obedient in showing our Heavenly Father that I care for and love Him deeply, today and always.  As we show the Almighty we care about Him, let's ensure to show others we care about them also. 

John 14:21 “Those who accept My commandments and obey them are the ones who love Me. And because they love Me, My Father will love them.  And I will love them and reveal Myself to each of them.”

Hebrews 11:8 “It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance.  He went without knowing where he was going.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment