Monday, January 30, 2012

Greetings from "His Kindness Year Round"!

Do you enjoy talking to and hearing from your best friend?

I adore the days (especially weekends) when the Lord talks to me (or I stop and listen to Him, whichever it is.)

This past weekend I had the pleasure to experience God speaking to my heart -- from a church service, from friends, from a minister on TV. The peace it brings to my soul is tremendous and very welcomed.

He speaks to us in so many ways -- through His written Word, music, other people, that gentle, personal whisper. I enjoy sharing with my Heavenly Father. He always listens (and I can't say that about everyone else). I pray we all stop and remain silent to hear His voice. Some days that’s a genuine challenge, but it’s always worth hearing what He has to say.

Jeremiah 29:12 NLT “When you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. You included all the things mentioned in something I just read about strengthening our spirit. They gave 4 ways -- meditating on the Word, waiting on the Lord, praying, and praise/worship.

    A great encouraging word for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,

      Thanks for mentioning your reading of strengthening our spirit and those four ways. I can honestly say for me, waiting on the Lord is the most difficult!

      Thanks also for your encouragement as we continue on our journey of serving our Great God! As someone told me earlier today, she doesn't know what struggles I have or her neighbor or co-worker, but she knows with the Lord she serves, nothing is impossible!

      Robin

      Delete