Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Seasons change from "His Kindness Year Round"



Hello brothers and sisters in Christ – welcome to December!  I've missed you.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens;”

Autumn has truly been a busy season; a season with many, many unexpected occurrences.     

In November, one of the most special women the Creator ever put on this earth departed to heaven.  My mother passed away very peacefully at the age of 85.  She is with Jesus, happy, healed, singing and rejoicing!

There is an expression I have heard several times:  if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.  That defines the past three months well.  As my calendar for this period was well booked with ‘my plans’, I learned how quickly those can change, and the need for adaptation and flexibility began.  But specifically, the need to strongly exercise my faith.

With recent happenings still ongoing, this Christmas season for me will be extremely different than for most people.  There will be no decorating or baking or card sending or gift giving as I would like to do.  I hope to be in the fellowship of my siblings in Jesus, as I know the Father desires for me to be with His children this time of year.  At first, thoughts of my situation caused me to have a brief period of ‘poor me’.  But very quickly I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that the Christmas season of 2014 will be one of true, intense focus and concentration on the real reason of the season – Jesus.  Christmas is Jesus.  (Please understand I’m certainly not objecting to the traditional festivities of this time of year at all!)  God is gently holding me close.  God is surprising me with firecracker blessings, wonderful reminders of His presence and love. God is good.

There are many blessings and promises of the Lord to occur.  I’m still holding on.  I won’t let go. Even positive changes can sometimes feel stressful, but I know I am on this trip with God, and He is bringing goodness.  At times, when God moves, He moves "SWIFT".

Romans 8:25 “But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”

1 Thessalonians 5:24 “The One Who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.”

It’s a beautiful season, even if some circumstances may not seem to be.  It’s a time for celebrating the birth of our Savior, the real reason for the season.

Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.”

Prayerfully, your sister in Jesus,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment