Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23 from "His Kindness Year Round"


“Call it” the doctor spoke.  “10:52” replied the nurse.  

This was the moment I saw my husband, the best friend I’ve ever had on earth, leave this home for his new home with the Lord; a day my life truly changed forever.

There are many who feel awkward when I mention his name in conversation, written or spoken.  I’m not uncomfortable.  I’m not going to fall in the floor in despair.  I'm not going to cry a river at the mention of a memory.  Just because you or I mention someone no longer on earth doesn't mean we haven't "moved" on.  I live in the present, and not the past. 

"Thankful" doesn't even begin to describe the gratitude for the time we had together.  Memories I will cherish, as they are a treasure.  

When Lee left to be with the Father, he did not take the Father with him.  The Trinity is still with me, and because of my choices, my Heavenly Father; His Son, Jesus; and the Holy Spirit are closer by my side than ever before.    

I am tremendously thankful for the birth of our Savior, and His great sacrifice on the cross. If not for Jesus, my life would be void and empty; non existent.  

My best friend, Lee, isn't with me anymore, but my best friend, Jesus, certainly is and will never leave.  Because of His birth, life and ministry on earth, death and resurrection, He ensured us the opportunity to live with Him for eternity in our heavenly home.  We are allowed the privilege of seeing our loved ones who are believers and followers of the Lord for eternity.  

As we approach the day we commemorate as the birth of our Lord, take the time to read Luke 2 in its entirety. It's a beautiful story!

(Have you decided what kind of birthday cake to prepare for Jesus this year? Hmmm . . . . Lee would have had that figured out by now!)

Merry Christmas to all my brothers and sisters in Christ!  Celebrate the reason for this season.

Robin 


No comments:

Post a Comment