Sunday, September 22, 2013

He is my Solid Rock from "His Kindness Year Round"



Sometimes when we exercise, we need encouragement to be successful.  As I’m exercising my faith, instructed by the Holy Spirit, I’m paying attention to God’s hand of guidance. We can hear God’s voice speak through the Holy Spirit.  We can go to His Word, the writings or teachings of others or songs which abide by His Word. 

Although I listen to a great deal of contemporary Christian music, this old hymn has been speaking, as I hum throughout the day . . . . .

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


Psalm 18:30-32 "God's way is perfect.  All the Lord's promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.  For Who is God except the Lord?  Who but our God is a solid rock?  God arms me with strength, and He makes my way perfect."

Luke 6:47-49 "I will show you what it's like when someone comes to Me, listens to My teaching, and then follows it.  It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock.  When the flood waters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built.  But anyone who hears and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation.  When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins." 

Stand firm on The Solid Rock!

Prayerfully, your sister in Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment