Friday, August 2, 2013

Sing! with "His Kindness Year Round"


I love music!  In the natural on earth, I'm not a musician or singer or performer, but I enjoy music.   

My dad and I were relaxing in his den and listening to a CD of old hymns. The stirring the Holy Spirit has through music is thrilling!  I predominantly listen to contemporary Christian music these days, but sometimes, I need to be saturated with the old hymns. 

“The Solid Rock” reminds me of hope, because of the blood of Jesus, when all other ways are sinking sand.

“Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” provides the knowledge of safety, security and peace in the arms that will always be there for us.

“Count Your Blessings” awards me a bit of bounce in my step with much thanks to the Lord for His mercy and grace and all the blessings He provides!  His blessings help me to focus on Him rather than possible current circumstances.

Psalm 30:11-12 "You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.  You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to You and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever!"

“The Old Rugged Cross” proclaims the sacrifices Jesus made for us, because of His great love, a love we can’t comprehend.

“What a Friend We Have in Jesus tells of our precious friend, our best friend, Who is always with us, waiting to hear from us, and asking for our burdens and cares.

“Amazing Grace”, a favorite hymn of many, speaks of that sweet grace God imparts to us, the honor of His favor, as we don’t deserve or earn grace.

“Nothing but the Blood” emphasizes the divine blood of the sacrificial lamb, Who washed away all our sins and healed our spirits and bodies!

Psalm 150:5-6 "Praise Him with a clash of cymbals; praise Him with loud clanging cymbals.  Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!  Praise the Lord!"

“Softly and Tenderly” asks us, “Is Jesus pleading for you today?”  As the song states, moments are passing and time is fleeting.  Jesus is calling.  He is waiting.   And, oh, for the wonderful love He has promised -- for you and me!  He has mercy and pardons our sins. If you are not yet there, please join the fold.  Come home. 

Singing today in Him, 

Robin 


No comments:

Post a Comment