Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Body piercing from "His Kindness Year Round"


Body piercing? Yes.

I recently saw a bumper sticker that read "Body piercing saved my life."

Upon seeing it, I was caught off guard . . . . until I saw the picture of the Savior on the cross.

Isaiah 53:5 "But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed."


John 19:34 “Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.”

Body piercing saved my life.  I can’t say I display the bumper sticker or wear the t-shirt, but I can say the piercing of Jesus body, His death and resurrection, enabled me to choose to become His child to serve Him.  His body piercings saved me from eternity in the lake of fire.

2 Corinthians 4:14-15 “Because we know that the One who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to Himself.  All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.”

Body piercing saved my life.  I'm thankful to the Lord for His great sacrifice for our sins!

Saved because of Him,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment